The Rejection

June 2020
March 2020
February 2020
January 2020
December 2019

100 Days

Earlier today, I called to check in on “Grandpa Mike”—my 85-year-old adopted grandfather who lives in Staten Island and has been strictly homebound since the start of the quarantine per his children and grandchildren’s orders.  He was pleasantly surprised and excited to hear from me and kept saying: “You are a good person.  You are a good person.”

We talked for about an hour.  He shared stories with me of how he lived through the polio, peaceful protests, uncertain and scary times, and the unknown and unseen inflicting fear as the greatest and more fearsome powerhouse.  He is living history.  Before we parted, he said to me, “I was listening to the radio and the radio host says that we have been in confinement for 100 days if you count ALL the days since we heard of Corona Virus, Covid-19.”
“Really?” I asked.
“Really,” he confirmed.
I went over to my Pusheen kitty cat calendar and counted the days since I started working from home.  It has been approximately 91 days, but it was, indeed, about 100 days since the news of Corona Virus, Covid-19 landing on USA soil.  100 days out of nearly 38 years of my life.  I started to wonder the place I was in now as opposed to 100 days ago and all that had happened in my life in this weird time warp of the days going so slow like thick molasses but then it blows you away at how speedy the time actually went by.

This is what I came up with in 100 days with the ones in * to be the hardest hit for me:
-Spent over 50 days not physically seeing or spending in-person time with my family and friends  *
-Laughed and joked with my colleagues at work in-person*
-Spent over 50 days not going to a supermarket to buy my very own groceries and just roam the aisles as I so love doing
-Gone to one of the many libraries I go to for in-person and fun activities and get lost in all the book aisles
-Swam in a pool *
-Went to a restaurant with my friends to eat and chat*
-Fulfilled another Wu foodie list item*
-Spent over 50 days not walking side by side with a friend or family member*
-Stood up and spoke up to bothersome individuals and situations- realizing and making boundaries known
-Handled an insect problem in my apartment
-Being physically all along without any human contact *

In 100 days, I DISCOVERED:
-Discovered Yoga and Breath
-I am pretty decent at baking cookies!
-Putting together my patio table and the joy of being outside on my patio in nature
-The importance of neighbors and community
-The Helpers and the Heroes versus the not
-Received many visits at my door of food, love, care, and conversations
-Surprise from long-lost people who checked-in on me and made sure I had enough groceries and food
-Wrote and Received cards
-Learned about curbside ice cream and farm produce delivery
-Made phone calls to strangers to try to cheer them up
-Positivity Project at Ossining Public Library
-Discovered how beautiful it is where I live to walk and be in such beauty
-Learning about meal planning, being resourceful, and about rationing and substituting
-How much stuff I have that I do not really need that other people need more
-Discovered Coloring
-Discovered Zoom and other technological advances
-Ricky and his funny, sweet routines
-Integrity and Humility
-Faith (an ongoing process)
-YouTube stretching videos
-The love of animals
-How powerful compassion and hate can be in the best and worst of ways, respectively
-Little things mean the most in the best or worst of ways
-How much or many I may have taken for granted
-The greatest power is FEAR and how the unseen and unknown enemy inflicts that feeling of fear
-Created HUGS platform
-Hugged someone or received a full-fledged ‘let me mend your broken pieces and put you back together again’ HUG*

In 100 days, I have been physically ALL ALONE in my apartment only to realize that humans and myself especially are  not made to be all alone and that people need people AND need touch.  In 100 days, I witnessed and experienced the death of a good friend (and another friend and a friend’s mother), difficulties with people who can't take the stress (myself included at times), opportunities with people who can take the stress and anxiety and turn it into something awesome, family dynamics of loves and dislike, limitations and boundaries while also trying to push boundaries, opened doors to closed doors, and the good days and bad days and the good and bad in all of us.  I think one of the biggest discoveries I have made is that stress, difficulties, and challenges can bring out the worst and best in people and what we do or do not do can have the biggest impact. It can be hard to be happy and to keep on going and to focus at the positives at times and we are all allowed to our bad days to then appreciate the good in life yet again.

It just dawned on me today that this is the first post I have written and posted in a long while on my blog..probably in 100 days.  I have realized that, in 100 days, I have somehow reverted to a child to color, bake and eat cookies, hug my stuffed animals, watch old 1980’s shows, read children’s books, do origami, crave comfort foods (hot bread from the oven, tomato soup with grilled cheese, and dumplings just to name a few), cuddle extra with kitty cat Ricky, discovered new places and revisited some old places to walk at least 30 minutes-1 hour every single day, and, most of all, struggled to be an ‘adult’ and ‘adulthood’ to write the words I have been really feeling and experiencing during 100 days and counting time.

Recently, someone asked me: “What do you think the whole point of this corona virus was and with everything else going on in the world?”
My answer: “I think the point is to learn about ourselves and others—we only will learn about ourselves and others in the worst of times and not the best of times, and the learning and discovering is not always pretty, but it is always revealing and necessary to reflect and reevaluate our lives and ourselves.  I think the point is gratitude to treasure and savor what we have and who we have who are worthwhile and reminding us of our self-worth.  I think the point is to realize that as much people can get on our nerves that people need people because we are no isolated islands and solitary confinement is one of the worst punishments one can endure.  I think the point is to become better and not bitter. “

I can honestly and wholeheartedly conclude the one certain and truth is that we ALL have been immensely hit, impacted, and affected by this time emotionally, economically, financially, mentally, physically, spiritually, and the list goes on and on.  I wonder what you have you learned, discovered, and realized during this time about yourself and others?  What do you think the whole point of this corona virus was and with everything else going on in the world? How have your 100 days been and what do you HOPE for going forward?

Keep smilin’ until we meet again,

Mary

38 Comments to 100 Days:

Jackson on Wednesday, June 10, 2020 2:19 AM
I'm very loved with this side. Its a pleasant subject. It assist me to greatly to resolve some problems. Its chance are extremely fantastic and dealing style so fast. It might be help everyone. Thanks for sharing with us. gym flooring

Melanie on Thursday, June 11, 2020 3:44 AM
Email is one of most used features when you work, why don't learn more about it such as how to create a templates for your email, create signatures or set alarm to send later... with the tutorials on email login

Jennifer on Saturday, June 13, 2020 9:33 PM
I can't believe it has been 100 days already. That's insane. I enjoyed reading your blog post and chatting with you on zoom tonight.

Kimberly D. Hall on Wednesday, June 24, 2020 3:31 AM
“We focus not only on a child going to college, graduating and being career-ready, but the development of that child from a social and emotional standpoint. We have our kids over eight years and we stick with them until they graduate from college For More Information.

hanryleo on Tuesday, July 7, 2020 3:18 AM
I am so glad to visit this website. I saw many interesting and informative blogs here which are very interesting and informative too. I surely share this site to my friends. Thanks for sharing this all. Keep sharing. want custom cosmetic boxes online? Clich here to buy now

Robert on Thursday, July 16, 2020 2:34 AM
Very good article here.I read this article in detail and see you have explain important points step by step.Your writing style is good.Thanks. To get caster wheels Visit UKtrolleywheels.uk

Watch Ravens Live on Monday, July 20, 2020 8:10 AM
Baltimore Ravens Game Live Streaming Football Online Watch Baltimore Ravens LiveThe Baltimore Ravens are a professional NFL team based in Baltimore. You can watch Baltimore Ravens game live streaming online. Get the latest Baltimore Ravens schedule, TV channel, news update here.

Eliza on Wednesday, July 22, 2020 2:43 AM
You have explained very good points in this post about very good topic.I was searching about this post.Thanks. rare earth magnets

Nike Shoes on Wednesday, July 22, 2020 4:25 AM

Max on Wednesday, July 22, 2020 5:46 AM
Your blog is really great and cool post.your way of working is really good post. your way of working is really good post.its really good post.your blog is really good post.its really good post. playground Tiles UK

Anonymous on Friday, July 24, 2020 12:12 PM
Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb Definitieweb

it is extremely useful and very liberal to spread a decent message. The creator has made a splendid on Saturday, July 25, 2020 1:29 AM

Anonymous on Saturday, August 1, 2020 12:36 AM
best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee best Coffee

Ask Unsplash on Friday, August 7, 2020 4:20 AM
This is my first time i visit here. I discovered such a large number of fascinating stuff. From the huge amounts of remarks on your articles, I figure I am not by any means the only one having all the happiness here! Mastodon Unsplash

Jan Bird on Wednesday, August 19, 2020 12:33 PM
I have read your blog. Your work is very great and cool. I want more similar topics about this post to increase our knowledge. Thanks for sharing and keep sharing. see more info

Panthers Game Live on Friday, August 21, 2020 1:43 AM
Carolina Panthers Game live stream free online. Panthers Football Live You can watch Panthers football game live stream, today/tonight & Find Panthers game schedule, news update.Carolina Panthers NFL Game Live Carolina Panthers NFL Football Live Panthers NFL Game Live Live Panthers Game Live Panthers Game Today Panthers Game Today

Chicago Bears Game Live on Friday, August 21, 2020 1:44 AM
The Chicago Bears Bears Football Live are a professional NFL team based in Chicago. You can watch Chicago Bears game live streaming online. Get the latest Chicago Bears schedule, TV channel, news update here. Bears Game Live Stream Bears NFL Game live Chicago Bears Football live

Broncos Game Live on Friday, August 21, 2020 1:44 AM

Chargers Game Live on Friday, August 21, 2020 1:44 AM
The Los Angeles Chargers Chargers Football Live are a professional NFL team based in the Los Angeles metropolitan area. You can watch Los Angeles Chargers game live streaming online. Get the latest Los Angeles Chargers schedule, TV channel, news update here.Chargers Live Game Chargers Game Today Chargers NFL Game Live Chargers NFL Football Live

technicpack on Friday, August 21, 2020 8:22 AM
I have been searching for live blog connect with the objective that I can make an event from my forming blog entries. Thankful to you to such a degree

Anonymous on Thursday, August 27, 2020 6:20 AM
This post was very well written, and it also contains a lot of useful facts. I enjoyed your distinguished way of writing the post. Thanks, you have made it easy for me to understand. digital marketing course fee

djherjh on Wednesday, September 2, 2020 9:45 PM

토토사이트

wow eroi coiwere

ckljerkj on Wednesday, September 2, 2020 9:46 PM

파워볼사이트

ckjerkj on Wednesday, September 2, 2020 9:46 PM

메이저놀이터

ckjerkj on Wednesday, September 2, 2020 9:47 PM

먹튀검증

ckejrkj on Wednesday, September 2, 2020 9:47 PM

nba중계

dkejr oicwer

Kyle Abbot on Friday, September 4, 2020 6:16 AM
It is really good to read such a nice writing. I have searched couple of days and found some interesting writing on it. But it is the best of all. Thanks for writing this. I really appreciate your writing. see more info

Steelers Game Live on Monday, September 14, 2020 4:02 PM
The Pittsburgh Steelers Steelers Football Live are a professional NFL team based in Pittsburgh. You can watch Pittsburgh Steelers game live streaming online. Get the latest Pittsburgh Steelers schedule, TV channel, news update here. NFL steelers Football live Steelers Football Game Live Steelers Football Live Stream Steelers Football Live Online Steelers NFL Football Live Steelers Game Live Steelers Game Live Stream Steelers Game Live Online Steelers NFL Game Today

Broncos Game Live on Monday, September 14, 2020 4:03 PM
The Denver Broncos are a Broncos Football Live professional NFL franchise based in Denver. You can watch Denver Broncos game live streaming online. Get the latest Denver Broncos schedule, TV channel, news update here. Watch Broncos Game Live Broncos NFL Game Live Broncos Game Today Broncos Game Live Online Watch Broncos Game Live Online Broncos Football Live Online Broncos Football Live Stream

Giants Football Live on Monday, September 14, 2020 4:03 PM
Giants Game live stream online. Giants Game Live How to watch New York Giants football game live stream, today/tonight & Find NFL games TV schedule, score, news updates. Giants Game Today Giants NFL Game Live Giants Game Live Online Watch Giants Game Live Watch Giants NFL Game Today Giants Game Live Stream Giants Football Live Stream Giants Football Live Online Giants NFL Football

Titans Game Live on Wednesday, September 16, 2020 11:18 PM
The Tennessee Titans Titans Football Live are a professional NFL team based in Nashville, Tennessee. You can watch Tennessee Titans game live streaming online. Get the latest Tennessee Titans schedule, TV channel, news update here. Titans Game Today Titans Game Live Online Titans Game Live Stream 2020 Titans Game Live Online Titans Game Live Streaming Titans Football Live Online Watch Titans Football 2020 Live

49ers Game Today on Wednesday, September 16, 2020 11:18 PM
The San Francisco 49ers are 49ers Football Live a professional NFL team based in the San Francisco Bay Area. You can watch San Francisco 49ers game live streaming online. Get the latest San Francisco 49ers schedule, TV channel, news update here. nfl football teams 49ers Live 49ers Game 49ers Football Live Stream 49ers Game Live Stream 49ers Football Game Live san francisco 49ers game live 49ers Game Live Online 49ers Game Live 49ers NFL Football Watch 49ers Game Online

Ravens Football Live on Wednesday, September 23, 2020 6:14 AM
The Baltimore Ravens Baltimore Ravens Game Live are a professional NFL team based in Baltimore. You can watch Baltimore Ravens game live streaming online. Get the latest Baltimore Ravens schedule, TV channel, news update here. Ravens Game Live Ravens Football Live Online Ravens Football Live Stream Baltimore Ravens Game Today Ravens Game Live Online Baltimore Ravens Football Live Watch Ravens Game Live Ravens NFL Game Live Ravens Game Live Stream Ravens Game Today

Bears Game Live on Wednesday, September 23, 2020 6:15 AM
The Chicago Bears are a Bears Football Live professional NFL team based in Chicago. You can watch Chicago Bears game live streaming online. Get the latest Chicago Bears schedule, TV channel, news update here. Bears Game Today Bears NFL Game Live Watch Bears Game Live Bears Game Live Online Bears Game Live Stream Bears NFL Football Bears NFL Football Live Bears Football Live Online Bears Football Live Online Bears Football Live Stream Watch Bears Game Online

Chiefs NFL Football on Wednesday, September 23, 2020 6:15 AM
The Kansas City Chiefs are a Kansas City Chiefs Game Live professional NFL team based in Kansas City, Missouri. You can watch Kansas City Chiefs game live streaming online. Get the latest Kansas City Chiefs schedule, TV channel, news update here. Chiefs Football Live Chiefs Game Live Live Chiefs Game Today Chiefs Game Live Online Chiefs Game Live Stream Chiefs Football Live Stream Chiefs Game Today Watch Chiefs Game Live

Rams Game Live on Wednesday, September 23, 2020 6:16 AM

Texans Game Today on Wednesday, September 23, 2020 6:16 AM
The Houston Texans are a professional NFL team based in Houston. 2020 Texans Football Live You can watch Houston Texans game live streaming online. Get the latest Houston Texans schedule, TV channel, news update here.Texans NFL Football Live Watch Texans Game Live Texans Football Live Texans Game Live Stream Texans Football Live Stream Texans Game Live watch texans football game watch texans nfl game live

validcbdoil on Wednesday, September 23, 2020 6:57 AM
Cannabidiol (CBD) works naturally with the human body’s endocannabinoid system to produce a wide variety of health benefits. Most people have heard of a cannabinoid called THC, which is the compound in cannabis that gets users high. Unlike THC, CBD is non-intoxicating and does not cause a high.