The Girl at the Cashier
Fix

March 2020
February 2020
January 2020
December 2019

The Swimmer

I was in lane two when I first encountered the swimmer.

Lane one by the wall is my favorite lane because it has more space for me to do my stretches every ten laps, but that particular after-work swim to de-stress had me swimming in lane two to avoid the ‘circle’ swim that every swimmer knows about and avoids out of impatience and desire of personal space for ‘his’ or ‘her’ own lane.  My prescription goggles were foggy. I was underwater, slammed my hand against the wall, and just broke the surface to try to catch my breath when I heard the swimmer exclaim: “You certainly know what you are doing!”

I pulled off my goggles and squinted.  With my horrific eyesight without my glasses, all I could make out was an elderly gentleman who looked in his mid to late 70’s.  He was completely bald.  He was slim and well-built with certainly less love handles than me.  He had a big grin that revealed gaps of missing teeth.  His eyes shined like a young and excited child discovering something wondrous and wonderful.

He exclaimed happily: “You are a good swimmer!  You must do this a lot!”

I was uncharacteristically awkward and wordless. It is unspoken swimmer rule that swimmers do not stop for small talk in the middle of vigorous and driven laps.  He was breaking the unspoken swimmer rules.  I uncomfortably gave him a half smile and nod alongside my squint and said, “Uhmm…thanks.”

Back under the water I went.  However, each time I came up for air, the swimmer boomed joyfully, “You know what you are doing!  You must do this a lot!  You are a good swimmer!”

I started to get annoyed.   I knew I should not have been annoyed.  He was so endearing, sweet, and clearly just being friendly, but my swim strokes were slower and sloppier because he kept interrupting me.  When I stopped shyly thanking him for his compliments, he slipped under water swimming slowly, steadily, and smoothly like a graceful gazelle.

When I left the pool grumpy that I had a slower swim, he said with his huge smile, “I’ll see you again!  Keep up the great work!”

For three weeks, I kept encountering the swimmer.   I began to notice little things about him.   He wore dark blue trunks and black sandals that he would dip into the pool.    It took him up to 30 minutes or more of when I was about to leave the pool for him to even get into the pool.   He paced back and forth on the pool deck.  He then paced back and forth on the steps into the pool.  He always came with his aide who barely even looked at him because she was so busy with flying fingers texting on her cell phone.  Every now and then, the aide’s head popped up from the phone to encourage or scold the swimmer, “Get in the water!  It is good for you!”  or “Don’t wear your sandals into the pool!  You have to go into the pool with bare feet!”   Most of all, I noticed that other swimmers stayed away from him.  Just like I had.  We had been in such a rush to get our swim routines over and done with so we could return to our other menial and supposedly necessary tasks that we had ignored and excluded him.  I was ashamed.

50 Comments to The Swimmer:

https://www.resumesservicesreview.com/resumewritinggroup-com-review/ on Saturday, November 30, 2019 9:25 AM
Your story with the swimmer mirrors what is happening in the world outside the pool. People are busy doing their thing, making sure to do it right to achieve our desired outcome that we never the other people around us. When other people have the nerve to talk to us while in the middle of what is keeping us busy, we get annoyed. We get annoyed at people who we assume is keeping us from what is keeping us occupied. Like in the story, there are people like the swimmer who are experiencing personal struggles but remains positive by being jovial and friendly to other people. This is why we can't simply ignore people we encounter because giving our time, a short time of it, can impact their lives significantly.

essayacademia on Tuesday, December 3, 2019 7:12 AM
The story which you shared here is a really good experienced theme, it is a really good one.

http://bosq-iman-osrecords.blogspot.com/2 on Monday, December 9, 2019 11:45 PM

h on Monday, December 9, 2019 11:46 PM

Installateur zonnepanelen on Tuesday, December 10, 2019 7:22 AM
We are tied directly into the sate’s renewal database which allows us to process your request almost instantly.

Airco on Tuesday, December 10, 2019 7:22 AM
Writing with style and getting good compliments on the article is quite hard, to be honest.But you've done it so calmly and with so cool feeling and you've nailed the job. This article is possessed with style and I am giving good compliment. Best!

http://www.campbell on Monday, December 16, 2019 8:13 AM

http://www.north-staffords on Monday, December 16, 2019 8:13 AM

http://www.staredit.net/profile/52881/ on Tuesday, December 17, 2019 11:20 AM
cool thanks for reis posting! btw are there feeds to your blog? I’d love to add them to my reader http://www.staredit.net/profile/52881/

https://www.recipefy.com/timothydharmon on Tuesday, December 17, 2019 11:21 AM
Hello, you used to write fantastic articles, but the last several posts have been kinda lackluster… I miss your great articles. Past several posts are just a little out of track! https://www.recipefy.com/timothydharmon

http://www.directoareweb.net/index on Friday, December 20, 2019 8:04 AM

http://serendipity-business-club.ro/partener on Friday, December 20, 2019 8:04 AM

CHRONIC PAIN on Friday, January 3, 2020 11:03 AM

192.168.0.1 on Sunday, January 5, 2020 11:37 AM
Je voudrais lire à ce sujet plus. Prompt, ce que la littérature pour étudier?

Watch Oscars 2020 Awards Online on Thursday, January 9, 2020 5:27 PM
Oscars 2020 will air on February. This is why all the fans need to know all about Oscars 2020 Live Streaming and so on. For this reason we will give you many information about Oscars 2020. This is the time to know about it. It’s the hottest ticket in the Hollywood calendar, the night when the biggest movie stars on the planet get together to celebrate the best the industry had to offer over the previous year.

Ireland vs Scotland Six Nation Rugby Online on Thursday, January 9, 2020 5:40 PM
Ireland will face Scotland will air on during the opening weekend of the 2020 Six Nations Championship. The winner of this match will be presented with the Centenary Quaich, which was first awarded in 1989 and was most recently won by Ireland following their 22-13 victory over Scotland during the 2020 Championship. Ireland also beat Scotland 27-3 at the Rugby World Cup in Japan.

Watch England vs France Six Nation Live on Thursday, January 9, 2020 6:30 PM
England vs France match will air on February. A hat-trick of tries from Jonny May helped England to a 44-8 victory over Les Bleus during the 2019 Championship. France and England have contested a total of 105 rugby test matches since their first meeting in 1906. England have won 58 of those matches, whilst France have won 40 matches. There have also been seven drawn matches between the two nations.

SAG Awards 2020 Live Online on Wednesday, January 15, 2020 6:31 AM
SAG Awards 2020 Is The Popular Event. It Is Not Only USA But Also All Over The World.SAG Awards 2020 Live Online But, Every fan Can’t Enjoy The Event By sitting on the Venue. There Is Only 93,607 Set For The Ordnance. So, Every Body Can’t Enjoy This Event at the Venue. As It Is Popular In World Wide, Everyone Want’s To Enjoy From Others Country. For Them, There Are Many Playstation who will telecast SAG Awards 2020 Live Streaming. Those Like AMC, Fubotv, DirecTV Now, Sling TV, YouTube TV, Hulu TV and many more.

Watch Wales vs Ireland Free Live on Wednesday, January 15, 2020 5:53 PM
Wales vs Ireland is going to be the Greatest Event In this year 2020. In The Event, famous stars will be an amazing experience for you, your friends and family. I hope you get all the information about Wales vs Ireland Live Streaming from our site

Scotland vs England Rugby Online on Wednesday, January 15, 2020 6:50 PM
Scotland and England played the first ever International rugby match in 1871. They have now contested a total of 137 rugby test matches against each other. England have won 75 of those matches, whilst Scotland have won 43 matches. There have also been 19 drawn matches between the two nations.

WGC-Mexico Championship 2020 Live Online on Tuesday, January 21, 2020 4:53 PM
The 2020 WGC-Mexico Championship will be a golf tournament played February 20–23 at Club de Golf Chapultepec in Naucalpan, Mexico, just west of Mexico City. It will be the 21st time the WGC Championship is played. The first of the World Golf Championships events to be staged in 2020. The approximate elevation of the course’s clubhouse is 2,400 meters above sea level.

92nd Academy Awards 2020 En Direct Streaming on Tuesday, January 21, 2020 5:01 PM
Les Oscars 2020 seront diffusés en février. C’est pourquoi tous les fans doivent tout savoir sur la diffusion en direct des Oscars 2020, etc. Pour cette raison, nous vous donnerons de nombreuses informations sur les Oscars 2020. C’est le moment de le savoir.

Wilder vs Fury PPV Fight Live Reddit on Tuesday, January 21, 2020 5:40 PM
The Fury vs Wilder rematch was officially confirmed on December 27 with both fighters taking to social media to announce the news. The Gypsy King beat Sweden’s Otto Wallin on September 14 in a gruelling battle while the Bronze Bomber defended his WBC title against Luis Ortiz in stunning fashion on November 23.

Wales vs France Live on Wednesday, January 22, 2020 5:58 PM
Wales will take on France at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff on Saturday 22nd February, during the third round of the 2020 Six Nations Championship. Wales fought back from 16-0 down at half-time to beat Les Bleus 24-19

Wales vs France Live on Wednesday, January 22, 2020 5:58 PM

Watch Daytona 500 Live on Thursday, January 23, 2020 6:28 PM
The DAYTONA 500 is the race you don’t want to miss. Winning this race means you will forever be introduced as a DAYTONA 500 Champion. Historic performances, spectacular finishes and amazing memories await you at The Great American Race. Join us for the 62nd annual DAYTONA 500 on February 16, 2020 for an experience you will never forget.

England vs Ireland Live on Tuesday, January 28, 2020 8:07 AM
England vs Ireland Live Stream The wait is almost over for the Six Nations to return to our screens. Five rounds of epic, often bruising action awaits as Europe's six leading sides go all out for Grand Slam glory.The wait is almost over for the Six Nations to return to our screens.

rubber sheet on Wednesday, January 29, 2020 6:39 AM
I love your shared stuff because you write awesome story through amazing stuff. I am very happy to read your stuff well-written.

oscar 2019 diretta italia on Thursday, January 30, 2020 5:17 PM
Sarà onorata la 92a cerimonia di premiazione degli Oscar, presentata dall’Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. I migliori film del 2019 e si svolgeranno al Dolby Theatre di Hollywood, Los Angeles, California. Durante la cerimonia, AMPAS presenterà gli Academy Awards in 24 categorie. La cerimonia sarà trasmessa negli Stati Uniti da ABC. Hai bisogno di maggiori informazioni su Oscar 2020. Per questo motivo, vorrai recuperare le informazioni dalla pagina ufficiale.

Jacob on Saturday, February 1, 2020 5:57 AM
I just got to this amazing site not long ago. I was actually captured with the piece of resources you have got here. Big thumbs up for making such wonderful blog page. iv chelation therapy in Salem

Emiliya on Saturday, February 1, 2020 11:13 AM
Wonderful, just what a blog it is! This blog has provided the helpful data to us continue the good work. mobile on installments

Harrison on Saturday, February 1, 2020 11:49 AM
Very important and wonderful post here. This post is very helpful for every visitor. I hope you will soon share your next post about this discussion. Thanks for sharing and keep sharing. brazil news today in english

Pippa on Saturday, February 1, 2020 12:19 PM
This is an impressive and great read for me. I am really enjoy reading your post. You have done superb job. Thanks for nicely sharing. wedding party dresses

Meghan on Saturday, February 1, 2020 12:49 PM
Very important and wonderful post here. This post is very helpful for every visitor. I hope you will soon share your next post about this discussion. Thanks for sharing and keep sharing. blue contact lenses Pakistan

Wales vs Scotland Live Stream Free on Tuesday, February 4, 2020 6:12 AM
We are living in a cutting edge period. Right now, Social Network Is Most Popular Option For Wales versus Scotland Live Streaming. A large portion Of The People Want's To Enjoy Wales versus Scotland On Facebook Live Streaming, Reddit Is Also A Better Option To Enjoy Wales versus Scotland, Twitter Is A Good Option To Get News About Wales versus Scotland, You can likewise appreciate the occasion by utilizing Instagram and Youtube. The Web-Based Social Networking Will Boost The Content From The State Of Origin Voluntarily. Odds Are You Will Catch Up With All The Event Through All The Popular Social Media Sites. We should know the insights regarding web-based social networking.

Abeer on Thursday, February 6, 2020 3:39 PM
This post has helped me for an article which I am writing. Thank you for giving me another point of view on this topic. It is very informative for me.Thanks. charter boat rental

Beth on Thursday, February 6, 2020 4:49 PM
Wonderful, just what a blog it is! This blog has provided the helpful data to us continue the good work. clear aligners braces

Philip on Wednesday, February 12, 2020 12:32 PM
This post has helped me for an article which I am writing. Thank you for giving me another point of view on this topic. It is very informative for me.Thanks. wedding limo service rental

Tam on Sunday, February 16, 2020 8:11 AM
Very important and wonderful post here. This post is very helpful for every visitor. I hope you will soon share your next post about this discussion. Thanks for sharing and keep sharing. Laser Skin Tightening

Kingston Stanley on Saturday, February 22, 2020 6:04 AM
I am not a very fond visitor but reviewing this site and your blog i must say that i will visit again. Your blog is just amazing. Thanks. phlebotomy certification training

Shazzy on Wednesday, March 4, 2020 1:19 PM
I was not expecting that I’d get so much out of reading your write up! You’ve just got yourself a returning visitor. limo rental prices

Sans un bruit 2 Film complet en streaming VF on Thursday, March 5, 2020 5:38 AM
Sans un bruit 2 Movie sortira le 20 mars 2020. Mais les fans sont prêts à Regarder Sans un bruit 2 Film Complet Streaming VF. À cette époque, la connexion en ligne est une grande plateforme pour profiter de n’importe quel film. Donc, tous les fans veulent avoir la chance de profiter du film complet Sans un bruit 2 en ligne. C’est le moyen le plus simple d’y accéder. Il existe de nombreuses options en ligne qui vous permettent de regarder et de télécharger en ligne un film complet de Sans un bruit 2. Informez-vous sur l’accès en ligne au film complet de Sans un bruit 2.

ST Patricks Day Parade 2020 Live Stream on Thursday, March 5, 2020 10:54 AM
With one of the largest St. ST Patricks Day Parade 2020 Live Stream in the United States, Georgia’s First City knows how to celebrate St. Paddy’s Day right. In addition to Celtic societies and Irish families, Savannah’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade features pipe bands. And Irish dancers from all over the East Coast Florida to New York. But it’s not limited to that, visitors from all over the world. Even Ireland itself, come to Savannah to celebrate heritage in our spirited parade through Downtown Savannah.

Un lugar tranquilo II Pelicula completa en español online on Wednesday, March 11, 2020 7:06 PM
Un lugar tranquilo 2 es una próxima película de terror estadounidense y secuela de Un lugar tranquilo 2018. La secuela de la película fue escrita y dirigida por John Krasinski y protagonizada por Emily Blunt. Millicent Simmonds y Noah Jupe, repiten sus papeles en la primera película. Cillian Murphy y Djimon Hounsou también se unieron al elenco.

Watch A Quiet Place 2 Full Movie Online on Monday, March 16, 2020 5:32 AM
A Quiet Place 2 Movie will release on March 20, 2020. But fans are gating ready to Watch A Quiet Place 2 Full Movie Online. In this era online is a big plafform to enjoy any movie. So, all the fans want to get the chance to enjoy A Quiet Place 2 Full Movie Online. It is most easy way to get access. There are many option in online by which you can get the chance to watch and Download A Quiet Place 2 Full Movie Online. Let’s know about A Quiet Place 2 Full Movie Online access.

Antebellum 2020 Pelicula completa en español on Monday, March 16, 2020 6:08 AM
Antebellum es una próxima película dramática de suspenso. ¡Prepárate para viajar a un mundo mágico con Disney & Pixar’s Antebellum !. Todos los fanáticos están esperando ver esta película. Los fanáticos pueden ver Antebellum 2020 Pelicula completa en español en Popcornflix. Si tiene acceso en Popcornflix, puede ver la película completa de Antebellum en línea.

Artemis Fowl 2020 en Streaming VF on Monday, March 16, 2020 6:29 AM
Artemis Fowl est l’un des films attendus. Tous les fans attendent pour profiter de ce film. Vous pouvez regarder le film complet Artemis Fowl en ligne sur Disney +. Si vous souhaitez Artemis Fowl 2020 en Streaming VF On Disney +, vous devez vous abonner.Disney Plus est le service de streaming à la demande et sans publicité que les fans de Disney attendaient. Le premier jour de son lancement, le 12 novembre 2019. Plus de 10 millions de personnes se sont inscrites. C’est maintenant la vie et disponible pour le streaming. Le service de streaming coûte 6,99 $ / mois ou 69,99 $ / an après un essai gratuit de sept jours.

Black Widow en HD Streaming VF on Monday, March 16, 2020 7:02 AM
Le prochain gros blockbuster de Marvel, Black Widow, explorera la période mystérieuse qui a suivi les événements de Captain America Civil War. Les fans regarderont Natasha Romanoff se cacher en Russie. Après avoir été nommé fugitif pour avoir violé les accords de Sokovie. Le film explore de nombreux éléments présentés dans Civil War. Black Widow en HD Streaming VF résout l’un des plus gros trous de l’intrigue du MCU.

Viuda Negra 2020 Pelicula Completa Online Español Latino - HD on Monday, March 16, 2020 7:13 AM
Aparentemente, la característica de este Look Excepcional es la grabación de la batalla uno a uno de Natasha con el conductor Slave cerca del final. Wonder ha estado impulsando la pelea de sargento Viuda Negra 2020 Pelicula Completa Online Español Latino - HD desde San Diego Comic-Con hace un año. En cualquier caso, este será el principal vistazo al personaje para la mayoría de las personas. A pesar del hecho de que Natasha alude al scalawag como él en este momento. Los fanáticos tienen la hipótesis de que el conductor de Slave es en realidad su Viuda Negra individual. Además, figura materna, Melina Vostokoff. En cualquier caso, el luchador de Justicia de Scarlett Johansson en fuga tendrá a su cargo la gestión total de otros asesinos profesionales de Red Room en la película. A pesar de Yelena y Melina, aquí hay un cierre de Natasha enfrentando algunas Viudas Negras sin demora. Cada uno de ellos se preparó para matar como ella.

Fast & Furious 9 streaming gratuit vf on Monday, March 16, 2020 7:57 AM
Fast and Furious 9 est l’un des films attendus. Tous les fans attendent pour profiter de ce film. Vous pouvez regarder Fast and Furious 9 film complet en ligne sur Disney +. Si vous souhaitez Fast & Furious 9 streaming gratuit vf On Disney +, vous devez vous abonner.Disney Plus est le service de streaming à la demande et sans publicité que les fans de Disney attendaient. Le premier jour de son lancement, le 12 novembre 2019. Plus de 10 millions de personnes se sont inscrites. C’est maintenant la vie et disponible pour le streaming. Le service de streaming coûte 6,99 $ / mois ou 69,99 $ / an après un essai gratuit de sept jours.