The Girl at the Cashier
Fix

March 2020
February 2020
January 2020
December 2019

Bubble Wrap

When I was a little girl, I had a love for index cards.  Questions on one blank side.  Answers on the other lined side.  Forget about side-swiping, finger-punching, and button-pushing technological gadgets. No.  Nothing beat index cards.  Hand held.  Easy to carry.  Totally user-friendly.  Made me completely happy and giddy.

These index cards became my best friends when my first kidney transplant began to fail by 11-years-old.  Almost all the adults spoke around me or behind me as though I was not in the room.  I, in turn, got loud and obnoxious by whipping out my index cards to fire out all my questions and with a know-it-all attitude to give me the answers and tell me the truth.  Even now, I will go into a doctor’s appointment with a list of questions expecting answers.  However, I learned at a young age that there many in ‘authority’ who see ‘questions’ as non-compliance or troublemaking.  Good thing I like to make trouble. ;-)  And, just so you know now, one of my major intolerable pet peeves is when people are talking about me in the third person when I am right in the room.  Have you experienced that?  The truth never really hurt me.  Reality did not hurt.  It was people and lies and bubble wrapping me that was the ultimate hurt and betrayal to me.

I still remember when my dad was on the phone with my sister and said, “Well, she needs a second kidney transplant.  If she does not get it then…”

My mind tuned out my dad by then, because I had known the truth even before my Dad knew when my first kidney transplant was failing.  I was the one in my body.  I surely knew my body was failing and betraying me.   I just did not know what was to come.  Do any of us ever really know what is to come when our lives are turned upside down, though?  It was just a matter of time until I had to be truthful and honest with myself.  That is the hardest part: Being honest with yourself—about your limitations, about what you are about to face and fight, about trying to trust the process, and about your vulnerabilities and weaknesses.  Oh, and trust me, life will rear its ugly head and force you to face the truth no matter how much you do not want to face it.   Suffice to say, my life and I have never been bubble wrapped.  The intent of bubble wrap is protection from breaking, but perhaps we are all meant to crack and break at some point to put our pieces together again and better than ever.  Shelter and protection from the truth can only last for so long.  The truth always has a way of coming out.   Being as un-bubbled as ever builds for strong character and strength that is immeasurable.

So, let’s be truthful here.  There are moments in your life that you remember as clear as day and like it was yesterday.  These moments will replay over and over in your mind like a movie that you are watching on the outside looking inside.  And when you watch the movie, you may wish there was something or anything that you could change, but you can’t.  It is like an outer body experience.  These moments are filled with truths that are biting and frightening, testing and challenging us if we can fall to get back up again or just stay fallen.  When I think about it, no one had ever really blatantly and bluntly told me the truth about anything in my life that was about to change my life.  I somehow always knew.  I knew when my life was about to significantly change.  I knew when there was an ending on the near horizon to make room for a new, scary, and frightening beginning.  Call it a gut feeling.  Call it intuition and instinct.  I somehow always knew truths before it was even told me.   And, when I knew, I could only lie for so long until I stepped up up to dig deeper and find out more about the truth to face and endure what was to come.

‘Bubble wrapping’ ourselves or being ‘bubble wrapped’ by others comes with consequences that can hurt us in the long run.  Would you rather know the truth no matter how much it may hurt?  Is honesty really the best policy?  Is it harder to be honest with ourselves than with others?  Is it sometimes better NOT to know for the sake of kindness and gentleness?  Would you tell the truth knowing it would hurt someone?   Have you ever been bubble wrapped or bubble wrapped yourself?

Keep smilin’ until we meet again,

Mary ;-)

23 Comments to Bubble Wrap:

coursework order on Thursday, May 2, 2019 7:49 AM
Miss Mar, my daughter always discusses with me about you and today she shared this article with me. She said that Miss Mar is very intelligent and good woman who assists others and feels pleasure.

v on Sunday, May 5, 2019 6:43 AM
v

writing services reviews on Friday, May 24, 2019 6:21 AM
I would like to answer the question, "Would you tell the truth knowing it would hurt someone?",my answer to this question is yes. Because reality hurts, I would not tolerate someone especially if he or she was my loving family and friends. I would tell that respective person, that is because I care for him, I don't care if I would hurt him my only concern is him. He really needs to know what he did wrong or something, I care for him that's for his own good life, I know what I am doing or what will I do. I appreciate and love those who love me and those who really care for me. I would hurt him in the first place if I would tell the truth but it is for his sake in his whole life knowing that he feels I care and love him in a very special way. Thank you for your blog it is interesting also a piece of inspiring persuasive information.

spiderman hoodie on Friday, June 21, 2019 2:20 AM
I have just visited your website, and I am glad to read the articles. The quality of the blogs is amazing, very well written and the language is extremely easy.

spiderman jacket on Friday, June 21, 2019 6:59 AM
Thank you for such a nice article. I am definitely going to share this article with my friends.

Quantum Realm Jacket on Friday, June 21, 2019 7:23 AM
Such a very useful article. Very interesting to read this article.I would like to thank you for the efforts you had made for writing this awesome article.

Black leather jacket on Monday, June 24, 2019 1:53 AM
Thanks for sharing such a great and informative post.

womens western leather jacket on Saturday, October 5, 2019 7:10 AM
Your article is such an informative article. It is glad to read such articles. Thanks for sharing.

projectfree so on Wednesday, October 16, 2019 1:07 AM
Telling the truth can be very challenging. However, I think truth will never hurt anyone. At least to sensible people.

Aiden Pearce Brown on Friday, November 1, 2019 8:57 AM
I have read your whole article very carefully. I found this as an informative and interesting article. I would like to say that please keep sharing more this type of article. It is very useful for all of us.

uk.bestessays.com/law-essay-help.html on Tuesday, November 19, 2019 2:06 AM
fgfggggf

http://www.phoenixadaeternum.blogspot.fr/ on Monday, December 9, 2019 11:38 PM
i love to collect different models of cellphones that is why i have lots of cellphones at home., http://www.phoenixadaeternum.blogspot.fr/

https://sites.google.com on Monday, December 9, 2019 11:39 PM

https://www.hotfrog.co.uk/sea on Monday, December 16, 2019 6:11 AM

http://photoevents.org.uk/links.asp on Monday, December 16, 2019 6:11 AM
Best work you have done, this online website is really cool with great facts. http://photoevents.org.uk/links.asp

https://www.pitchstor.com/user/crossbeyer18175 on Tuesday, December 17, 2019 10:38 AM
Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I really feel strongly about it and love learning extra on this topic. If attainable, as you achieve experience, would you thoughts updating your blog with additional data? It is extremely useful for me. https://www.pitchstor.com/user/crossbeyer18175

http://www.groovestats.com/index.php?page=profile&id=96878 on Tuesday, December 17, 2019 10:38 AM
I gotta favorite this website it seems extremely helpful invaluable http://www.groovestats.com/index.php?page=profile&id=96878

http://youngprofessionals.ro/parteneri/ on Friday, December 20, 2019 4:55 AM
Hello i would really love to subscribe and read your blog posts .! http://youngprofessionals.ro/parteneri/

http://www.dyronline.com/10848.html on Friday, December 20, 2019 4:55 AM
You actually make it seem really easy along with your presentation however I find this topic to be really one thing that I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and very wide for me. I’m looking ahead for your subsequent publish, I’ll try to get the cling of it! http://www.dyronline.com/10848.html

winipucu on Wednesday, January 8, 2020 11:35 AM
Good job on this article! I really like how you presented your facts and how you made it interesting and easy to understand. Thank you.

Anonymous on Sunday, February 16, 2020 6:38 AM
Not often do I encounter a weblog that is both educated and entertaining, and let me tell you, you may have hit the nail on the head. Your concept is excellent; the issue is something that not sufficient individuals are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy that I stumbled across this in my quest for something relating to this. instagram begeni hilesi

square and quickbooks on Wednesday, March 4, 2020 6:24 AM
square and quickbooks

how to remove holi color from face on Wednesday, March 4, 2020 12:59 PM
how to remove holi color from face