The Girl at the Cashier
Fix

March 2020
February 2020
January 2020
December 2019

Skim the Fat

Every start of January, without fail, there are more people than ever at my gym.  It has reached a point for me that I fight to find and zip my car into a parking spot and battle swim lanes with a newbie who has the same new year resolution as me to ‘Lose the Weight’ from the packed on pounds that came from sweets galore over the holidays.    A place that is meant to decompress, debrief, and destress has turned into a war zone of huffing and puffing, beads of sweat, and skyrocketing motivation and inspiration to ‘be better’ and ‘do better’ this year even if that means knocking someone aside and saying “No, this is my swim lane” or “That spinning bike and treadmill was mine.”  How many times have you heard ‘Good-bye previous year and Hello new year…please let it be better,” ?  Sometimes, I look around and wonder if we are really better?

Beginning about five years ago or so, I stopped making New Year Resolutions with my #1 resolution to lose weight.  I started seeing that it should not take a new year to be my motivation, but it should be a year round phenomenon.  I also started contemplating on how my years had been.  So, now, just about every New Year’s Eve, I really reflect on how the year went and all that I did and who played positive and/or negative impacts in my year.  All of these little bit mean a whole lot going forward to a future that remains a mystery and question mark for us all.

At the very core of my reflections is about ‘better.’  We typically think of ‘better’ as more or bigger, but as each and every year is passing by, I am finding that ‘better’ is actually less, the bare minimum, and ‘less is more.’ Less doing.  Less saying and speaking to make room and balance out listening and hearing that leads to the ultimate of learning.  Less ‘things.’  Spending time with less people and those select few people who really mean the most and who really care about you and come through for you.  Less often requires us to ‘leave’ or ‘let go’ something old to welcome the new that often comes unexpected.  I have more so been the recipient of being left and rarely the one who leaves, but towards the end of 2017 and on the brink of 2018, I came to realize that sometimes you have no choice but to leave and let go and to do with less to ‘be better.’  It is when we have less and little to nothing that we really see how plentiful we really and truly are and what and who matters and what and who does not.

‘Skim the fat’ is about being better through ‘less as more,’ which often requires us to leave behind and let go.  I may not be spending each year gung-ho on losing the physical packed on pounds, but I am certainly spending time on ‘skimming the fat,’ or the excess, of what is not needed or the less that is needed to make room for what truly is.

Are you into New Year’s Resolutions?  What situations have you been in where you had no choice but to ‘skim the fat’?

Happy & Healthy 2018 with safety and peace to all!

Keep smilin’,
Mary ;-)

14 Comments to Skim the Fat:

joseph wu on Saturday, January 6, 2018 12:07 AM
I can do with less fat!! Ha Ha

online coursework help on Tuesday, April 3, 2018 12:48 AM
The inspiring and knocking the perfect wonderful if we are really great and helpful for all,the stopped making new resolutions. Thanks to blog for unexpected and more spending each other for the better excess,thanks.

Jagremovalservice on Saturday, July 14, 2018 2:53 AM
I am glad it was an enjoyable experience for you. I think that you should definitely do it again sometime and hopefully I will be able to make it to that one

Djerisin Kuesar on Monday, November 19, 2018 10:06 AM
ini ke 14 pabrik plat stainless ss304 pabrik plat stainless ss310 pabrik round bar besi aisi 440s45c pabrik round bar scm440 pabrik steel rail pabrik steel sheet pile pusat astm a283 c pusat pipa boiler pusat plat abrex 400 pusat plat asme516 grade70 pusat plat astm a285 c Toko Atap Spandek Toko Atap Spandek Distributor atap spandek Distributor besi siku undangan pernikahan klasik Jual Plat Kapal Bki Krakatau Steel Jual Besi Wf Baja Toko sch 40 Jual besi beton krakatau steel ks undangan pernikahan kalender undangan pernikahan bahasa inggris islam undangan pernikahan islami undangan pernikahan unik dan murah undangan pernikahan modern undangan pernikahan online undangan pernikahan undangan pernikahan amplop surat undangan pernikahan simple undangan pernikahan murah undangan pernikahan unik undangan pernikahan artis undangan pernikahan modern undangan pernikahan artis undangan pernikahan arab undangan pernikahan undangan pernikahan Agen Atap Spandek Agen Atap Spandek Distributor baja ringan Distributor Plat besi plat kapal undangan pernikahan aneh Jual Jual Besi Siku Baja Harga Besi Wf Baja Agen sch 40 Jual besi beton jcac Pabrik Atap Spandek Pabrik Atap Spandek Distributor bondek Distributor besi h beam baja undangan pernikahan mewah Jual Besi Unp Baja Profil Kanal Pabrik Besi Wf Baja Pabrik sch 40 Jual besi beton interworld steel is Distributor Bondek Cor Distributor Bondek Cor Distributor Plat kapal besi baja bki krakatau steel Distributor besi cnp undangan pernikahan cute Jual Besi Cnp Profil Baja Gording Distributor Plat Besi Baja Distributor besi Pipa sch 80 baja Jual besi beton gunung garuda Harga Bondek Cor Harga Bondek Cor Distributor besi siku www.gudangbesibaja.com undangan pernikahan online Jual Besi Hollow Supplier Plat Besi Baja Harga besi Pipa sch 80 baja Jual besi beton delcoprima Jual Bondek Cor Jual Bondek Cor Distributor pipa besi baja sch 40 sch 80 Jual besi Wf Baja undangan pernikahan buatan sendiri Jual Wiremesh

file too large for usb drive on Wednesday, January 30, 2019 2:52 AM
For a long time, you don't like such a system because you may think this command line based system is difficult to use, so you want to uninstall it for a new partition creation. Or there is only a bit of free disk space left, so you decide to delete such a partition to free up some disk space and extend your other partitions.

Lasik in dubai on Friday, March 8, 2019 4:20 AM
Nice Site really Your work is really great and too useful. I enjoyed visiting your site. You have done a truly excellent Job.

q on Friday, May 3, 2019 3:21 AM
q

Epidural Steroid Injections Frankfort on Wednesday, June 12, 2019 3:59 AM
Thanks for the great tutorial. It is nice to go through the process at a high level.

http://aveiro123.blogspot.com/2017_0 on Tuesday, December 10, 2019 7:57 AM

http://aeape-esquizofrenia.blogspot.com/ on Tuesday, December 10, 2019 7:58 AM
Throughout the great scheme of things you secure an A with regard to effort and hard work. Where exactly you actually confused me was first on your details. As they say, details make or break the argument.. And that couldn’t be much more accurate right here. Having said that, permit me reveal to you exactly what did deliver the results. The writing is extremely persuasive and this is probably why I am making the effort in order to opine. I do not really make it a regular habit of doing that. Secondly, despite the fact that I can notice a jumps in reason you come up with, I am not necessarily confident of just how you appear to unite the details which produce the actual final result. For right now I shall yield to your issue but hope in the near future you actually link your dots much better. http://aeape-esquizofrenia.blogspot.com/

https://www.wattpad.com/user/ezequieljpineda on Tuesday, December 17, 2019 11:08 PM
An impressive share, I just given this onto a colleague who was doing a little bit evaluation on this. And he in reality ordered me breakfast due to the fact I discovered it for him.. smile. Consequently allow me alter that: Thanks for the deal with! Having said that yeah thanks for spending the time to chat about this, I really feel strongly about it and adore reading additional on this topic. If possible, as you turn into expertise, would you mind updating your weblog with additional details? It?s quite useful for me. Giant thumb up for this internet page publish! https://www.wattpad.com/user/ezequieljpineda

https://notegraphy.com/angeldmccoy on Tuesday, December 17, 2019 11:08 PM
Your place is normally valueble in my opinion. I am gratefull . https://notegraphy.com/angeldmccoy

http://www.eudip.com/other-languages-188-4784,yes.html on Friday, December 20, 2019 11:49 AM
Bloghopping is really my forte and i like to visit blogs”    http://www.eudip.com/other-languages-188-4784,yes.html

https://blog.business-mark.ro/2015/03/06/toti-oamenii-care-ne-reprezinta-in-fata-clientului-trebuie- on Friday, December 20, 2019 11:49 AM
I am often to blogging and i really appreciate your site content. This content has really peaks my interest. I am going to bookmark your internet site and maintain checking for first time details. https://blog.business-mark.ro/2015/03/06/toti-oamenii-care-ne-reprezinta-in-fata-clientului-trebuie-sa-aiba-profil-de-castigatori/