The Swimmer
The Swimmer
The Swimmer
The Swimmer
The Swimmer

One Hit Wonders

Not a long train ride at all.  Only 45 minutes.  It was certainly enough time for me to catch a good old-fashioned and much-needed nap.  The lull of the rhythmic train movements relaxed my age-old body, but my eyes were wide open and mind highly wired.  Rather than snooze, I was destined to dreamily stare out at the Hudson River with sunshine streaming through the dusty windows.

I could feel my body becoming at one with the train in a totally on my own and zen relaxed zone when I heard the distinct sound of squeaky sneakers approaching me.

Gripping tightly and protectively to a huge and heavy black case in the curved shape of what I could only guess was the body of a beautiful guitar or some sort of stringed instrument that beckoned to be strummed, he leaned in close to me until his hazel-eyed gaze met mine and he asked, “Is anyone sitting here?”

His scraggly blonde hair and bangs were longer than mine.  Lips thin and eyes with specks of indecipherable hues intrigued me.   I smiled brightly, shook my head, and scooted in to make room for him as he carefully and gently placed the black case down.  Being that he was right in front of me and he was better looking than the hospital advertisement poster that was hanging up on the wall of the older version of the train into New York City, I could not help but look at him.

I reasoned rather judgmentally that he was a quiet and somber college student from the death metal black shirt he was sporting, ripped and holed jeans, and silver studs that were poking out sharply from his ear lobes.  Imagine my surprise when his thin lips curved into a smile and his eyes crinkled with curiosity when he opened his mouth to speak and ask, “Are we almost at Grand Central Station?”

“About 30 minutes away,” I said.

Our conversation would end here.  I knew it would.  I was wrong.

He must have mistaken me as maybe a couple years older than him because he asked what school I went to.   My eyebrows raised in surprised when he inquired this and I hedged in trying to explain my job.  He filled in my awkwardness with soliloquies about his hometown in Arizona to musical instruments and music genres to his long fingernails that made his music come alive when he played the guitar.

45 minutes later when the train came to a halt, he finally told me his name and scribbled on a scrap of paper to research the “viola da gamba” after I boldly gave him my contact information.

I have not heard from him since.

I won’t lie that a part of me (a big part of me, that is) hoped he would.

In my over analytical and imaginative mind, I could see his blonde locks hanging down, touching the keyboard as he searched for my name on Facebook or was struggling to compose an email to me as he was struggling in his Junior year of college to learn to compose music.

It was not that I had a romantic interest in him.  I was just curious about him.  He reminded me of yet another musician   (specifically a guitarist) that I met about three months ago at an organ donation/transplant registry event who seemed keen and eager to have further contact and friendship with me after his fascination with me having 4 ½ kidneys.

Just as quick as these two musicians (as examples, of course) have appeared in my life, their disappearances were even quicker leading to no reappearances.

I have always been the big believer that there was a reason behind everything that happened and everyone that we encountered in our lives.  Nothing was an accident.  Coincidences did not exist.  There had to be reasons and answers.  Therefore, it was no surprise that the wheels in my mind are turning as to there must be some concrete conclusion as to why I am continuing to have run-ins with musicians.  Why?  Why were these people who happened to be musicians (again, no coincidences says the logical side to me) appearing in my life only to disappear and never reappear again?  I have not been able to conjure up any solid finding.

So, I asked the one person who I ensued in relationship ramblings with.  My sister.

When I told her about these run-ins with two musicians that have happened in less than five months, she said without skipping a beat,

“You will never see these guys again.  If you really want to try to find a reason as to why they have come and gone then the only reason I can think of is randomness in life.  Random does not have a reason behind it.  Random is just random.”

My sister’s words reminded me of the great gift of randomness playing its hand in life.  Maybe there was no reason to these encounters. It is the random, unforeseen, illogical, unanswerable, unexplained, unpredictable, unplanned, and unreasonable that are what I am considering as one hit wonders that bring the wonderful and wondrous in our lives.  These one hit wonders remind us that it is truly unnecessary to try to find answers, make sense out of nonsense, focus on facts over fiction, and waste any precious time searching for what cannot and will not be found.  These one hit wonders remind us life does not have to be perfect (nor is it perfect by any means) just to be wonderful.

Believe it or not, I am not a completely logical, factual, reasonable, and concrete answer kind of girl.  In me, there has always been a big dreamer that has tried to live in peace and harmony with the overabundant over analyzer in me.  I was often enraptured in my emotions that often got the best of me.  I was always enamored and intrigued with fate, destiny, and kismet.  As I have aged and particularly hit my 30’s, I am finding more and more that I am unable to find specific reasons and answers and, consequently and not purposefully, have become more contemplative, reflective, and philosophical.  I am slowing down searching and slowly starting the living and being in the moments that are just are meaningful without always needing to find the exact meaning.

Yes, these one hit wonders are making me wonder how much of our lives are made up of the unforeseen and unplanned without any reasoning as opposed to the foreseen and planned with reasoning?  Question left unanswered.  What or who have been your one hit wonders?  Question with too many answers.

In homage to this encounter that has left its mark in me, I googled “viola da gamba” from this scrap of paper that the blonde-haired and hazel-eyes guy with his beautiful curved guitar from Phoenix, Arizona gave to me.  This scrap of paper is my only concrete proof I have that our random paths crossed.

While I can almost hear the soulful sounds in my mind from the imaginary viola da gamba to open up my ears, mind, soul, and spirit to an orchestra of emotions, I’m not trying to dig any deeper or analyze anymore or any longer beyond and beneath than this concrete proof.  For I am just enjoying this one hit wonder out of the many other one hit wonders that make life so wonderful.

Keep smilin’ until we meet again,
Mary   ;-)

6 Comments to One Hit Wonders:

bestessay au on Saturday, June 30, 2018 12:35 PM
I am so curious about the title. DO let me know the secret behind this title that you have used for the blog. Nice work, keep it up xx

Amrita on Friday, December 28, 2018 3:08 AM
Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience with me.

Body to body massage Delhi on Thursday, March 14, 2019 9:57 AM
thanks for share massage spa Near me Body massage Near me sexy massage massage near me massage Spa massage parlour in delhi massage job delhi ncr body massage for men at home in delhi russian massage centre in delhi Body to body Erotic Nuru massage in Delhi by female to male massage centre for men in delhi male massage parlours in gurgaon massage centre for men in delhi cheap massage in south delhi massage parlour rates in delhi full body massage parlours in delhi karol bagh massage service in delhi hotels cheap massage parlour in gurgaon delhi massage parlour phone number cheap massage centre in delhi Body to body Erotic Nuru massage in Delhi by female to male body massage rate in delhi delhi massage center job girls for massage in delhi cheap body massage parlour in delhi hotel massage in delhi body massage course in delhi job body massage center delhi ayurvedic body massage in delhi body massage by women in delhi job in massage center in delhi Body to body Erotic Nuru massage in Delhi by female to male massage by ladies in delhi neuro massage in Delhi male to male body massage in north delhi body to body slide massage body massage in delhi cheap massage in delhi massage services in new delhi massage center body to body cheap body massage in delhi body massage deals in gurgaon Body to body Erotic Nuru massage in Delhi by female to male women to men body massage in delhi full body massage center in Delhi massage centre south delhi full body massage in delhi hotel spa full body massage delhi massage parlour in green park delhi massage service new delhi body massage parlour for men in delhi cross gender massage in Delhi body massage parlour in paharganj Body to body Erotic Nuru massage in Delhi by female to male full body massage in ncr body massage and spa in south delhi massage in saket delhi home massage service in south delhi massage parlour in delhi malviya nagar private massage in delhi hottest massage parlour in delhi best thai massage in delhi ayurvedic massage gurgaon massage parlour in new delhi paharganj Body to body Erotic Nuru massage in Delhi by female to male body massager price in delhi b to b massage delhi luxury massage in delhi cross body massage in delhi body massage job in delhi massage service in south delhi massage for ladies in delhi body massage parlour connaught place full body massage near new delhi railway station full body massage parlour in paharganj Body to body Erotic Nuru massage in Delhi by female to male massage parlour body to body massage rooms in delhi erotric massage body massage kerala ayurvedic massage delhi body massage in delhi paharganj massage parlour in delhi price full body massage in paharganj full body massage parlour in delhi ncr body massage male to male in delhi Body to body Erotic Nuru massage in Delhi by female to male full body massage in delhi with price body massage charges in delhi best body massage parlour in new delhi new delhi body massage parlour full body massage for man in delhi massage for men in delhi body massage in delhi near paharganj massage places in delhi massage offers in delhi beauty services at home in delhi Body to body Erotic Nuru massage in Delhi by female to male massage parlour in saket delhi best massage in south delhi body massage center in noida massage in cp delhi delhi full body massage centre home service massage in delhi top massage center in delhi body spa male to female in delhi body massage parlour in connaught place male massager required in delhi Body to body Erotic Nuru massage in Delhi by female to male body spa in delhi ncr body spa at home in delhi full body massage parlour massage price in delhi noora massage best massage parlour in south delhi full body massage deals in delhi best massage service in delhi massage parlour for mens in delhi mens body massage in delhi Body to body Erotic Nuru massage in Delhi by female to male new delhi massage service full body massage at home in delhi ayurvedic massage in delhi full body massage service in delhi body massage for mens in delhi erottic massage good massage in delhi couple spa deals in delhi bangkok massage in delhi full body oil massage in delhi Body to body Erotic Nuru massage in Delhi by female to male body massage in malviya nagar delhi best body massage center in delhi massage centre in delhi ncr spa massage parlour in delhi full body massage in paharganj delhi spa parlour in delhi male massage therapist delhi new delhi massage centre massage parlour in delhi for male b to b massage in south delhi man massage centre in delhi massage spa in south delhi massage center in south delhi massage parlour in delhi body to body best body massage spa in delhi massage full body delhi ladies massage center in delhi oil body massage in delhi full body massage in new delhi best massage centre in delhi full body massage parlour in delhi with price massage deals in delhi beauty services at home body massage service in delhi full massage in delhi massage body to body in delhi body massage in connaught place massage parlour new delhi body massage in new delhi full body massage in south delhi body to body massage near me body massage deals in delhi delhi massage parlour body to body full body massage center in delhi body massage center in delhi massage in delhi body to body best massage in delhi full body massage in delhi price best body massage in delhi thai massage in delhi body massage parlour in delhi Full body to body Erotic Nuru Tantra massage in Delhi Green Park massage center in delhi full body massage in delhi massage in delhi female to male full body to body massage Full body to body spa near me full body spa in delhi with price full body to body massage in south delhi full spa in south delhi full body erotic massage delhi full nuru massage in delhi full body massage parlour in Green Park

Nuru massage in Delhi Green park on Thursday, March 14, 2019 9:59 AM
its very nice post thanks for share happy ending Body to body Massage in delhi Nuru center for massage Spa center in delhi Nuru Massage in delhi price soapy masssage in delhi price sandwich massage in delhi price tantra massage in delhi price body to body massage price Thai massage in delhi price B2b massage in delhi price Full body Massage in delhi price Lomi lomi massage price in delhi happy ending massage in delhi price Sandwich massage price in delhi Aroma therapy price in delhi Body Massage in Delhi Body to body massage body to body massage in delhi b2b massage b2b massage in delhi b2b spa b2b spa in delhi Thai body Massage in Delhi Full body spa in Delhi Body massage in Malviya nagar Body massage in south delhi Body massage price in delhi spa-in-delhi/b2b massage in delhi about-us/Female to male body massage in delhi erotic-massage-in-delhi/thai massage in delhi nuru-massage-in-delhi thai body to body massage in delhi sandwich-massage/Full body massage in delhi body-body-massage/Female to male full body massage in delhi balinese-massage/body massage female to male in delhi soapy-massage-delhi/sensual body massage parlour in delhi b2b Massage parlour in Delhi massage parlour in delhi Nuru massage in delhi tantra massage in delhi nuru Massage happy ending massage in delhi price Sandwich massage price in delhi Aroma therapy price in delhi Body Massage in Delhi Body to body massage body to body massage in delhi b2b massage b2b massage in delhi b2b spa spa in delhi Thai body Massage in Delhi Full body spa in Delhi Body massage in Malviya nagar Body massage in south delhi Body massage price in delhi b2b massage in delhi Female to male body massage in delhi thai massage in delhi thai body to body massage in delhi Full body massage in delhi Female to male full body massage in delhi body massage female to male in delhi sensual body massage parlour in delhi Massage parlour massage parlour in delhi Nuru massage in delhi tantra massage in delhi nuru Massage Soapy Massage in delhi Body to body Massage spa in delhi Full Body to body Massage spa in delhi Female to male Body to body Massage spa in delhi Body to body Massage spa in delhi Best Body to body Massage spa in delhi Full Body to body Massage spa in delhi Best Body to body Massage spa in delhi Body to body Massage spa in delhi with happy ending Female to male Body to body Massage spa in delhi Best Body Massage parlour in delhi body Massage parlour in delhi spa in delhi full body massage in delhi ncr full body massage in new delhi spa in delhi ncr female to male body massage in delhi full body to body massage in south delhi body massage in delhi ncr b2b massage parlour in delhi body massage parlour in delhi body massage in delhi body to body massage in south delhi body massage centre in delhi full body to body massage in gurgaon body massage spa body massage in gurgaon body massage in gurgaon body masage womens spa gurgaon body masaj full body to body massage in delhi ncr body to body massage in delhi full body massage in delhi NCR body massage in south delhi massage center in south delhi body massage cetner in delhi body massage center in south delhi body to body massage in south delhi full body to body massage in delhi full body massage in new delhi massage center in new delhi body massage center in new delhi body spa near me spa in delhi with price body to body massage in south delhi spa in south delhi erotic massage delhi nuru massage in delhi spa in delhi full body massage in delhi ncr full body massage in new delhi spa in delhi ncr female to male body massage in delhi full body to body massage in south delhi body massage in delhi ncr b2b massage parlour in delhi body massage parlour in delhi body massage in delhi body to body massage in south delhi body massage centre in delhi

https://www.ualg.pt/pt/ on Tuesday, December 10, 2019 8:59 AM

https://www.infosuicide.org/liens/autres-pa on Tuesday, December 10, 2019 9:00 AM